Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Garmin Forerunner 305 User Review Part One

I bought the Garmin Forerunner 305 in Aug. So far, I have used it for 4 months in 60 runs. I think that it is about time for me to do a detail user review.

Content

I bought my Forerunner 305 from eBay as a newly overhauled unit. It comes as a box in here.
Photobucket

Inside, it contains the watch and its accessories.
Photobucket

The watch can be connected to the computer via the cradle and a USB cable.
Photobucket

At the back of the watch, there are four contact points which is connected to the cradle. Please noted that there can be discoloring of the contact point. I have the leftmost one discolored. But don't use abrasive material such as sandpaper to clean it as it will make it worse. I find out that it is best just rub it with the towel after run, then rinse the watch with tap water.
Photobucket

The watch also comes with an extension on the strap. It is used if you need to wear on outside the jacket or mount it on the bike. The tool for changing the strap is provided as well.
Photobucket

The watch is charged through the USB port. You must put the watch on the cradle and then connect the USB cable to the cradle. The package comes with a universal voltage charger and an adaptor for using it in Europe. I don't use the charger at all as I charge it via the USB in the computer when I sync my data.
Photobucket

The package comes with manual and the Garmin Training Center software on a CD.
Photobucket

The heart rate monitor use a plastic/rubber belt, not as flexible as the wearlink from Polar. The center portion is pretty wide and rigid. It does not fit well on center of my chest. I typically wear it shifted a few inches to the left. The elastic band at the back works fine and I do not get any chaffing from it.
Photobucket

The heartrate monitor use a standard lithium battery and is user replaceable. It claims that it can use for 3 years of normal usage.
Photobucket

To be continue in part two.

No comments:

Post a Comment