Thursday, December 13, 2007

Brisk Walk in Nike Free 5.0

Yesterday, I bought a pair of Nike Free 5.0 from a Nike sales. It fits very different from any other shoes. Basically, it fits like a glove. Its top softly surround your feet and suppose to mimic barefoot running (actually half-way in between). I tried it yesterday to walk around, go to supermarket. I can feel that my feet are "exercising".

Today, I took it for a brisk walk. It is amazingly comfortable for brisk walk due to the extremely flexible sole while maintaining cushion for the heel. Though my Daidora Fantasy is even more flexible but the Fantasy offers no cushioning at all.

The Nike Free also very light which enable a different type of power walk. I warmed up with about 1.5km of brisk walking at around 7-7.5km/h. Then, I switch to a very quick power walk at 10km/h. In the past, I can only sustain about 0.5km at this speed before my shin get too tight to continue. But with the Nike Free, I did a 10km/h for a 1.6km!! The exercise is so intense that I pump up my heart rate to 170bpm (yes, it takes more effort to brisk walk at 10km/h then run at 10km/h).

Since my first pair of Nike Pegasus TC, the Nike shoe is giving me more and more confidence. I used to think that Nike did not make good running shoes. But my mind has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment