Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yishun to Queenstown

Early in the year, when preparing for the Sundown Ultra, I look up training plans that ask for two LSDs in a week. One of the option for me is the have a mid-week LSD going from office in Yishun back to Queenstown. However, I never pull-it-off and never had enough mileage (my peak weekly mileage before Sundown was only 50km). This year, I will sign up for the 100km walk. Therefore, really need to boost up my weekly mileage using mid-week LSD.
The route is from Yishun Ave 7 to Alexandra Road. I follow almost exactly the same route that I drive everyday. I took a bus to office and start my LSD at about 4:15pm (need to take 2 hours off). And I return home at about 7:40pm. I also carry a backpack with my office clothes/shoes and waters. I left my notebook locked in the office, too heavy to carry it.

Due to the extra load, and possibility of delay in crossing several traffic junctions, I set my target pace to be 9:00. At the end, I finish the 22.9km at 8:59 pace. I stopped at several traffic light and also bought two drinks at two petrol station. That's why you see a couple of slow splits. Overall, I keep a 8:30-8:45 pace most of the time. Slow down a little bit in the last couple of km due to some hot spot on the left foot. Really don't want to get a blister.

In the last 5 days, I had 4 trainings of 13km, 15km, 3km and 23km totalled 54km. Feeling tire getting back home. I don't want to push too hard and get injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment