Saturday, September 6, 2008

Let's Take a Walk Training Session

I am in the process of forming a team to participate in the Let's Take a Walk (100km). It is organised by Raleign Society. Today, I went to the training session.
The training starts from Redhill MRT station, and go through the South Ridges. Total is 12km. Adding to the 1.5km from my home, the total distance I had was 13.5km.

The pace is relatively slow, while on the move is around 12:00 pace but there are stops for breaks and get the slower walkers to catch up. Overall pace is 15:00+ . As you can see, the average heart rate stay very low as well. Anyway, it is a training for the actual 100km. 12:00 pace is possibly about the right pace for the 100km walk

A photo that I took at the end of the walk.
For my information for the walk, you can look at http://www.letstakeawalk.sg/
The next training will be on 20-Sept for a 20km walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment