Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Another Mid-week LSD

This is my 2nd mid-week LSD. I took exactly the same route as last week from Yishun to Queenstown. Total distance is 22.64km.

Last week, my average pace is 9:00. This week, I set a faster target pace of 8:30. I also made some small adjustment such as leaving my formal shoe, shirt & pants back in the office so that my backpack will be lighter. I also bring along 2 bottles of water and 2 bottles of isotonic drink with a total of 2 liter. This will reduce my need to stop at petrol station to buy a drink.

I basically is able keep the 8:30 pace in the 1st half of it. But I did slow down in the third quarter. I re-pickup the pace in last quarter with a strong finish in the last 1km. The overall time is 3:12:19 at exactly 8:30 pace!!!

I am planning the route in next week to include an extension into MacRitchie to lengthen it by a few more km. But this also means that I need to start earlier in order to catch dinner at home before 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment