Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tempo Run

Since I have a high-to-medium arch, I used to use cushion type of shoes - Nike Pegasus, Mizuno Precision, New Balance 755. These cushion shoes worked well for me until the after the SCSM07. I found that my left knee has ITB problem. And after only a short distance of running, I will have tight ITB and force me to stop running. I observed that my left knee rotate inward which is a sign of pronation. Therefore, I was thinking about getting a stability shoe. It just happened that I saw some Asics Gel-1120 on sales in Royal Sporting House at S$120. I bought a pair of it and it is a cushioned stability shoe. I will see if this help me to reduce my ITB problem. So, this run is my first run with the Gel-1120.

I did a tempo run with the shoe. Since it is new, it is better not to go all out by a little reserved.


View Larger Map



The Gel-1120 feels better than my other cushion shoes but at the end of the 3.2km run, I feel that the ITB is getting to the tight condition. Still wondering what's wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment