Thursday, January 15, 2009

HIIT (high intensity interval training)

Here is my weekly interval training. But this time, I use another methodology called HIIT (Hight Intensity Interval Training). It is new to me as well so I may not have it done correctly.

A couple of place to read about HIIT

Wikipedia
HIIT Source
AskMen

In my first attempt, I try a 2 mins walk@10:00 pace, 30s jog@7:00 pace and then 30s sprint in whatever speed I can go. Here is the result:



I have the sprint varying from 3:30 to 4:30 in pace. And I did 6 sets. Right at the sixth set, I sprang my ankle and therefore the HIIT is completed early. I don't know whether it is more or less effective than my usual interval training. I guess I need to try it for a couple of weeks before I can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment