Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dusty Run - 32km

In order to prepare for the Sundown Marathon, different people organise different run. This time, it is Stardust organises the run called Dusty Run.



The run is designed to be a 55km run starting from SRC in NTU. The route includes a loop in NTU, taking Jln Bahar to Lim Chu Kang, then Jurong Hill, Buona Vista and back to NTU. However, judging from my current mileage, 55km is out of the talk. I re-map a shorter route and make a U-turn at around Jln Buroh.



The run starts at 10pm and expect to take 5 hours. There are about 45-50 folks joining the run. Most with those bicycle blinking devices so that car drivers can see us clearly. Just on the day, I was still not sure whether I should go since the arch on my right foot still have the pain. But at the end, it was not an issue at all.

During the run, I am in the last group as usual. And the group decided to U-turn in Lim Chu Kang when the leader U-turn and pass us. Therefore, the final distance that I clocked is 32km. The route in NTU is hilly, plus the climb in Jurong Hill makes the route tough. I am satisfy with my pace and my condition after the run. My body condition can possibly take a few more km without complaining.



During the course, there are several breaks - on the first return to NTU entrance, Pioneer Rd North coffee shop, Top of Jurong Hill for group photo and on my own return, stop again in Pioneer Rd North coffee shop. I also had a hot spot on my the top of my right foot arch developed about 5km into the run. I made several adjustment to the shoe lace and got it taken care. I think it is likely that I will try out a two shoe lace strategy on my right foot to cure the problem.

When I was running along Jln Ahmad Ibrahim, I was alone with nobody in front or after me for 500m. And when I run pass a factory, two dogs came out of the factory, barking and trying to chase me. That was scary. I was not sure to run or to stand still. I did a brisk walk and kept turning back to watch out for the two dog. The two dog chase me down for about 50m. At the closest, I was only 10m meters away from the two dogs. But luckily, when I got out of their territory, they stop chasing me but continue to bark.

I finish at around 3:15am. Cokiee, Brokie were at the SRC. Then some people start to come back, mostly on cab. We wait until around 5:05am, then bug return after completing the full distance followed by Roadrunner and Freddy. The next group is Prate and a lady (forgot her name). Then the next group is six people. After all returned, we head out for breakfast and return home at around 9am.

Overall, it is a satisfactory run. I am please with the mileage and the body condition after it. Looking forward for the Sundown Familiarization Run #4 for a full 42km.

No comments:

Post a Comment