Sunday, April 6, 2008

27km LSD from ECP to Bedok

In order to prepare for the 84km Sundown Marathon, I start to up the mileage on my weekly LSD. Though there may not be enough time for me to really prepare myself well.

In the whole Sundown route, there is part that I never run before - the Siglap park connector that connects East Coast Park to Bedok Reservoir Park. Therefore, I decided to take this portion and aim for a 27-30km LSD.

I started from carpark B1 and along the ECP, I try to find where is point that cross the East Coast Parkway. I first thought it is the underground crossing. But after crossing it, I count not find any sign about park connector. I continued to go east and found that I should actually take the overhead bridge instead. The Siglap park connector is along a canal. It goes north and cross PIE via overhead bridge. Then, it is a footpath inside an HDB estate. There are up and down and left and right curve on it. Going to be tough after 65km. Then, cross another overhead bridge to Bedok Town Park which finally link to Bedok Reservoir Park. There are a total of three overhead bridge in this section.

Then, I made a run around the Bedok Reservoir. I don't really like the gravel. It keeps going into my shoe and I have to stop and empty and gravels in my shoe 3 times. Overall is not bad, I took 4 hr 8 mins. But this is only 1/3 the distance of Sundown Ultra!! I do have reserve left and can sprint the last 500m in reasonable pace. But need to continue to increase the mileage in the next couple of weeks before the tapering.

No comments:

Post a Comment