Saturday, September 8, 2007

First Long Run after Army Half Marathon

This morning, I woke up at 6:20am, want to start my weekly long run. However, the weather is really bad. It rained heavily with lightning. After up for an hour and still no chance to improve, I went back to the bed.

In the afternoon, the weather is ok. Overcast, not too hot. I decided to go for my weekly long run.
After skipping a weekend for the long run, I finally get back on track for a 19.4km speed walk at East Coast Park. Though I finish the walk at averaged 6.9km/hour, my last 3km are a bit tired already. Possibly due to going too fast at the beginning. Really need to tune my speed for the challenge in stretch my long run.

Yesterday, I got a Nokia 6110 Navigator phone for my wife. The phone has a built-in GPS. You can also download a Sport Tracker software from the Nokie website. With the software, you can track your run!! Obviously, the 6110 is much bigger than the Garmin Forerunner. But it will be interesting to compare the two. Will need an arm band to hold the phone in order to use it this way.

Nokia Sport Tracker

1 comment:

  1. Cool.
    You manage to get some readout from Nokia 6110?
    I tried for one run and gave up on the idea.
    The statistics are all wrong.

    ReplyDelete