Sunday, September 30, 2007

Demoralized Run - sgrunners

Even though I lived in Singapore for more than 10 years, I have never been to the part of Changi Cost Road which runs parallel to the runway. The sgrunners group has a "Demoralized Run" from Changi Beach Park through the Changi Coast Road to the East Coast Park. I picked to U-turn at the 2nd toilet in East Coast Park and the distance is 25.7km. This is the longest run that I ever have. Why "Demoralized"?

The Changi Coast Road is a 6+km straight running parallel to the runway. There is no water point during the 6+km. I usually run along ECP and do not carry water, just use the vending machine along the ECP. However, this time, I bought a fuel belt and carry about 800ml of isotonic drink with me.


View Larger Map

The course is tough. I try to keep my pace as constant as possible. I start with about 7.5 km/h and the last 4~5km at about 7km/h. Overall pace is 7.3km/h. Not bad for a distance that I never cover before. I sweat a lot during the race. Even after drinking 2 liter of fluid, I still lost 1.5 kg of fluid. It will take a day or two to recover. I also got sunburn on the face and back of the neck. Need to better prepare next time.

In my last 23.5km run, I have a blister on my right foot small toe, even when I was wearing a toe sock. I got some silicon cushion from Daiso in IMM. The silicon cushion helped to separate the two toes. It is supposed to be placed between two toes. I used the one on the right during this run. The one on the left is thicker and may not fit my case very well but its design should has less movement of the cushion inside the shoe. Initially when I use it, it is uncomfortable. However, after several kilometers, it is kind of settled and out of my mind. Though I did not have a blister on the usual place (bottom of my small toe which was pinched under the fourth toe), my small toe is still inflammed. Need to find out the root cause of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment