Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunbird #8

It was raining overnight and up to 7am. Just turn into drizzle when the run starts at 7:16am. Due to the dark sky and potential more rain, the run was changed to two loops in ECP.

Azhar and me are pacing the 6 hr group. Therefore, we keep the first 5km slow, then switch to run/walk at 80/20 ratio till half marathon distance.


The pacing is quite good up to 1st loop (15km). Timing is about 1 min faster than desired pace. But the 2nd loop is getting slower especially after the U-turn. There is also a break in buying drink and I have 3 stops (top up water, clear dirt in my right shoe and clear dirt in my left shoe). Overall timing is a little bit slower than anticipated pace. But in the actual day, there won't be any toilet stop, hope it will accelerate a little bit. At the end, I still have a little bit reserve and able to give a good run in the last 500m.

No comments:

Post a Comment