Monday, October 6, 2008

Interval training 400m x 6 with trail shoe

I had my interval training today for 400m x 6, 1.5 min rest, 4:45 target pace. A small difference is that I was wearing a pair of trail shoe. I bought the Nike Air Trail Pegasus+ III Clima (what a long name) about 2 months ago. Intended to use it for the Real Run + MR25 Ultra. It is a bit heavier that the regular shoe. Also, more waterproof but less ventilation on the top.

This is my first time running with it. It runs a bit strange on the concrete due to the studs. And the part under the ball of foot is not as flexible. But the cushioning is good. I deliberately run more often on the grass besides the pedestrian walkway. It works beautifully on the grass. In my normal running shoes, I would have a hard time getting good traction on the grass.

Back to the timing. Since I deliberately run more on the grass, it obviously will be slower. Therefore, I set a slower target of 4:45 pace.

The pace of the 6 splits are 4:45, 5:11, 4:36, 4:33, 5:00, 4:51. Averaged around 4:45. Slower than my last 400m x 6 on 9-Sept (4:11, 4:16, 4:15, 4:27, 4:55, 4:53) but more consistent in the pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment