Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fat Bird Marathon Pacer Training

I have a week of slack in training. My wife has finally taken her Lasik treatment and I need to spend more time with her. This morning, I joined the Fat Bird Marathon Pacer training. I am not a pacer but join the group for the exercise. The group have folks going for 18km, 32km and 35km. I choose to have do a 28km at 8:30 pace. I should finish mine similar to the 5 hr pacer. The route goes from carpark B2 all the way to end of area H and continue to Changi Coastal Road. I U-turn when my Garmin indicate a 14km.



The pace in the 1st half is pretty good at around 8:00, the second half is slower at around 8:30. Overall good pace. The half marathon timing is about 2 hr 55 mins which is pretty good, considering I was carrying a 2kg backpack to simulate the weight that I will carry during the Let's Take a Walk.

2 comments:

  1. 5hr marathon should be closer to 7min/km

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the 5 hr pacer should be 7min/km but I am taking a shorter distance of 28km instead of 32km. Therefore a 8min/km for 28km is same time as 7min/km for 32km.

    ReplyDelete