Friday, November 30, 2007

Preparation for the StanChart Singapore Marathon

I have taken 2 weeks off after the 2nd link run due to Shin Splint on my right leg (doctor advised me to stop running for 2 weeks). At first, I am a bit worry about the body condition after 2 weeks off. And during the 17/18-Nov weekend, I was in Hong Kong and have gained 2 kg due to the great food in Hong Kong and likely also due to lack of running.

I started some simple warm up on 26-Nov for a slow and easy 3.5km brisk walk/run. Good news is that I didn't have pain on my right leg, but still feel a little bit odd in the run. It was only a 8:55/km pace. I don't want to risk another injury and just keep it simple.

I was also able to take off my extra 2kg that I gained in Hong Kong. Now, I am at 69kg. When I registered for the full marathon, I was 75kg and aimed to cut my weight down to 68kg for the full marathon. I am only 1 kg away from my original target.

I did another warm up on 28-Nov for another 3.5km brisk walk/run. I pushed harder on my brisk walk, just slightly short of my regular pace at 7:41/km. My right leg held up fine. Meaning that I am likely to be able to go for a normal pace on Sunday, perhaps keep it slightly slower in the first 5 km. I am adjusting my target time to 5 hr 45 minutes. Since this is my first full marathon, I am happy that I can finish it. When I registered a few month back, my target time was 6 hours.

Today, it is the start of the carbo loading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment