Friday, November 2, 2007

Pose Running & Diadora Fantasy

A few months ago, I bumped into some YouTube video from about Pose Running by Dr. Romanov. I am interested in it and have watched a few more YouTube video + video clips from Posetech.com

However, I was not able to get it right. I kind of put in on the sideline. Until two weeks ago, I watched a DVD on ChiRunning organised by MF runners. There are so much similarity between the ChiRunning and Pose Running that I decided to explore it again. However, it is still very difficult to tell whether I land correctly on forefoot. And the Dr. Romanov has recommended a very specific type of shoe.

Selecting Running Shoe Part 1

It mentioned about Puma H-Street but difficult to find. I always wonder whether my current running shoe is suitable or not for training in Pose Running. Recently in a post in sgrunners that one of the runner recommend the Diadora Fantasy. I went and bought a pair two days ago.



One special characteristic of the Diadora Fantasy is that it is very flexible with a thin sole, especially low heel and very lightweight.



It fits the citeria listed by Dr. Romanov. Be warned, the shoe provide basically NO CUSHIONING and very little support. If you are a heel-strike, keep away for it. It is ONLY usable for Pose Running. I have put them on and try running. Wow, it is "sensitive". It gives very sharp feedback on your landing. If you land forefoot correctly, everything is fine. If you land mid-foot or heel, it gives you a very sharp feedback. I gives the feeling of barefoot. I believe it is a good training shoe for Pose Running. I need to start just walking on it and get familiar with it and perform Pose drill with it. I think it will take more time before I can really run with it. I know that it will take 6 months to transform my running technique into Pose. I should start some drill first.

I also borrowed the book on "Pose Method of Running" from the library. This will start a new journey for me to learn running from the beginning.

1 comment:

  1. How you doin with the fantasy? You have to decide if you want to "abandon" how you are running and what you have achieved for something almost radically new. Where do u run? Perhaps we can run together? I run in Simei mostly.


    unocvin@hotmail.com - a fellow fantasy-shod runner.

    ReplyDelete