Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Race Walking practice



From the sgrunners website, I notice that there is an event call iwalk

The iwalk has a competitive race walking for 5km. Singapore seldom has competitive race walking, therefore, I sign up immediately. The event is on 15-May. Well, since I have signed up, better started my training. Therefore, I pickup the weekday training again (have stopped for almost 2 months!!).

First with a 3km loop, target at 7 mins pace using Asics Kanji (racing flat).


I am right on 7 mins pace on the first 2km but cannot sustain in the 3rd km. I did a very sprint (on race walking) at the end. You may notice that my heart rate is a bit strange. Yes, it is VERY strange. I think my heart rate monitor is running out of battery. I am possibly at 170 average heart rate towards the end. Overall average pace is 7:02, not bad considering I was "inactive" for 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment