Tuesday, February 16, 2010

34km brisk walk to prepare for HK marathon

It is less than 2 weeks from HK marathon. I had my last practice to prepare for it. Knowing that my right ankle is still not 100% alright, I decided to do brisk walk only - a 34km brisk walk. My last run/walk is 27.5km about 1 week+ ago. So, this is a significant stretch within such a short time.

The route is just along East Coast Park from carpark B1 to end of area G and back for two time. Just nice for a 34km distance. I did it at night to avoid the sun.


The first half of it is alright, keeping an average of sub-8:30 pace. But started to slow down in the 2nd half to 9:00 plus-minus.


At the end, I am able to run the last 500m with reasonable speed. Total time taken is 4 hr 59 minutes.

Well, I will have almost 2 weeks for my right ankle to recover for the HK marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment